Tcb team of boot fitters
We have a team of highly experienced boot fitters that each have many years of experience working in the ski and snowboard industry here in New Zealand and internationally.
Our boot fitting team are here to help fit you into the perfect ski and snowboard boot and create custom made foot beds too!
Do you have a pair of boots that need work done on them? Interested in custom made foot beds? Pop into TCB and talk with our friendly team of boot fitters to see how we can help you out!
1. Q&A with one of our technicians to determine what type of Skier/boarder you are, what level is your ability level? How many days? And details of your existing boots, Skis or Snowboard set up.
2. Foot measurements – Our Technician will use a Brannock foot measuring device and a footpad for all required measurements of your feet. Length, width, volume and alignment are all measured.
3. At this point depending on your foot we may suggest custom footbeds, No two feet are the same and inside a Ski/Snowboard boot you want to have confortable feet with good circulation and responsiveness.
4. Custom footbeds are like power steering for your Skis or Snowboard. Custom footbeds are molded and shaped to your foot, supporting the entire foot where you need it, giving you more control and stability in your Skiing/Riding.
5. With this knowledge, our technician is building a picture, alongside experience and product knowledge, they will be able to make the correct choices for you.
6. Boot selection - our technicians will fit a few models suitable for your foot shape, allowing you plenty of time to get a feel for the boot. This can take time and the longer you are in the boots the better the feel you will get.
7. Q&A again, we will ask questions regarding the feel and fit of the boot, are they snug? Any pressure points? Any movement inside the boot?
8. Once you have decided on a potential boot model and spent some time (10-15 minutes) in this, you will start to get a good feel for them and what is right for you. When you have made a decision has been made, we can move onto the custom boot fitting process.
9. The custom boot fitting process includes, Heat molding of the liners, making full custom footbeds, canting if required and adjusting any straps. All of these will make your boots fit, feel and perform great on the mountain.
10. When you have your new boots fitted to your feet, TCB will adjust any of your equipment to the boots, Ski bindings, Snowboard bindings will need to be adjusted and checked by our technicians. This is to insure you our valued customer a great pain free experience on the snow.
Learn more about our boot fitting process:
Custom boot fitting process includes, Heat moulding of the liners, making full custom footbeds, canting if required and adjustments of any straps. All of these will make your boots fit, feel and perform great on the mountain.
Once you have your new boots fitted to your feet, TCB will adjust any of your equipment to the boots, Ski bindings, Snowboard bindings will need to be adjusted and checked by our technicians. This is to insure you our valued customer a great pain free experience on the snow.
The TCB Boot lab does not stop there, if your boots need any after purchase attention i.e. you have a small pressure point on a toe, our technician can adjust the boot to accommodate.
This is an after market service which is provided free for all of TCB boot purchases.
We want all of our customers to have a comfortable and happy Skiing /Snowboarding day… After all we understand the importance of boot fitting and the value of your time on the snow.
TECH TIPS FROM OUR BOOT FITTERS
- First, let's talk about socks! Only wear one pair, a purpose built ski/snowboard sock is great and will enhance the fit and feel of your boot. Cotton socks are a no no. Over the Calf socks are perfect for inside your ski or snowboard boots!
- Boots should feel snug and firm, they will only get bigger as the boot liners start to pack out after lots of use.
- Toes should be touching the end of the boot and pull away when you flex into the skiing position.
- Address any pressure point ASAP with the technician so they can work some magic on your equipment.